About Laminate Flooring:
Laminate flooring is a type of composite product which is made by sandwiching different layers of material together. Generally, the best laminate flooring must include the following three layers in them:
- Wear Layer: This is the topmost layer of the laminate flooring. This layer is composed of two fine sheets of papers. The paper which is used is infused with melamine. This layer of the floor is wear and scratch resistant.
- Image Layer: This is the second layer of the hybrid flooring. The image layer is composed of a 3D photograph which brings out the real feel of wood floor from the flooring.
- Base or Core Layer: The base layer is the most important layer of the flooring. It is placed just underneath the image layer. Composed of high-density fibre boards this layer can withstand moisture to a certain extent. This layer also provides stability to the flooring.
Criteria To Choose The Best Laminate Flooring:
There are various qualities of laminate flooring which are present in the market. Hence, it becomes an important criterion for a person to choose the best laminate flooring amongst the rest. The criteria which a person should consider before choosing a laminate flooring are detailed below:
- Cost Of Laminate Flooring: One of the main reason a person opts for laminate flooring in house renovation is that they are cheaper than other kinds of floorings which are available in the market. Hence, it is important to state here that a person should not choose the cheapest of the cheap as it might not satisfy the needs. One should always opt for the laminate flooring which is a mid-range product.
- Soundproof AndBreakproof: A laminate flooring should be soundproof as well as hard in nature. Hardness helps in resisting the floor from breakage, and the need of soundproof is necessary to perfectly separate every floor.
- Moisture Resistance: The laminate flooring should have good moisture swell rate. This means that the moisture absorbing rate of the floor should not be more than 13%. So a person should look for a laminate flooring that has lower moisture absorbing rate.
- Provide Authenticity: The laminate flooring should provide authenticity to the product. If a person uses large repetitive patterns, then the flooring will have an authentic look. This can be accomplished by using fewer planks that is the pattern should repeat itself after every 10 blocks.