So, you’ve decided that it’s time to redesign your bathroom, and you want to go with the nicest bathroom design you can think of. What are your responsibilities, and where do you begin? You begin with “Space.” Everything you do to your existing bathroom will be determined by the amount of space available and any alterations you plan to make to the existing walls or ceiling.
After you’ve determined the finished space, you can begin planning bathroom ideas to fill in the vacant space with whatever you like. You may find a variety of designs in magazines and on the internet. You can also visit stores that feature full-scale bathroom mockups in their showrooms. It will provide you with some high quality bathrooms Australia, and you can start accumulating costs to assist you in planning your budget. The first of many crucial decisions await you now:
- Should you hire an architect and hand over the design and contracting to them, including labor and material pricing?
- Are you going to hire a construction consultant to help you with this? It will also provide you with estimates for the work to be done.
- Do you hire a construction company that specializes in bathroom renovations? They’ll also give you an estimate of how much it’ll cost.
- As you speak with the many professionals indicated above, you will better grasp what you want to achieve.
- Will you be your contractor, doing some work yourself and contracting out the tasks you cannot complete?
- How much money are you willing on this bathroom renovation? Make a rough estimate of how much money you’ll need.
- Set a deadline for the remodel’s completion. If you don’t have a specific completion date in mind, time will fly by, and you’ll be waiting for a longer to finish your bathroom. You’ll need to be adamant about meeting your deadline.
Compile the costs of several bathroom designs.
It is time for you to take this project seriously. Add up all of your costs for the task you’ll be doing, and then make a final budget. Add a 30% contingency for adjustments that may be required as the project continues, but keep this contingency a secret from your employees. My experience has taught me that a bathroom redesign should cost roughly 10% of the house’s worth.
In other words, if your house is worth $150,000, you will most likely spend $15,000 to update your bathroom. That would be with mid-range fixtures and minor structural changes to the area. You’ll be able to understand expenses better and choose the best strategy for you to get started on this exciting project if you chat with an architect, consultant, or contractor. Best of luck, and take pleasure in your high quality bathrooms Australia