Basements suffer from water problems, and water damage is a fact of life. Basement waterproofing can prevent leaks from torrential rain, faulty drains, melting snow, or even, in extreme circumstances, broken water or sewer pipe near your basement. Whatever the source, water getting into your basement is a problem for many different reasons. Calling a team of professional basement waterproofing contractors is always a good idea when you find excess moisture in your basement.
The importance of basement waterproofing
The challenge is that water naturally flows through the soil. Add to that the fact that your home’s water heater and other water-dependent appliances are usually in the basement, and you have a water risk both inside and outside your basement walls.
If moisture in your basement reaches the level of standing water, you have other serious problems, even in barely detectable amounts. Warping of wood, rusting of metal, growth of mold and mildew, and decay of fabric are all on the agenda when this happens.
How to find a basement waterproofing kit
The best time to look for basement waterproofing Toronto is now. You may not need complete waterproofing right away, but when you start to notice a musty smell or hear a gurgling sound in the middle of the night, you’ll be glad you have a relationship with your basement waterproofing crew. Even if you don’t think you have a problem with your basement, having it checked out by a professional once a year is just good, active homeownership.
The things to look for are pretty simple:
- Valid license to operate as a waterproofing contractor.
- Insured workers have the means to deal with the situation if something goes wrong in the middle of a job.
- A team that can handle various waterproofing methods.
- You need a team that makes emergency calls and has essential emergency tools, like a sump pump and hazmat suits. It’s one thing to repair a few microscopic cracks in a basement; another is helping a client recover from a sewer pipe that fell straight into the basement.
- You need equipment that is affordable and affordable. There’s no point getting acquainted with a team that will charge you twice as much as everyone else, but at any given time, you’ll only have one team on call.
Make an effort now to find the right waterproofing materials, and you’ll be happy when the time comes when you need them in the middle of the night.