Paintings, chandeliers, and books are common options for home decor. Still, people have been leaning towards a more natural look for their interior decoration and decorating with plants.
However, suppose you do not have a lot of light coming into your room or the luxury of maintaining a plant. In that case, artificial outdoor plants are a great alternative for decorating your space.
Why use artificial outdoor plants?
So many homeowners use artificial plants rather than natural plants because of the following reasons:
- Faux potted plants do not release pollen or other allergens.
- They are good for homes with pets that like to chew on things
- They can be placed in a room that does not get enough sunlight without the fear of dying.
- They are a great option for people who do not know much about gardening or do not have the time to do it.
- They are more affordable and lower in maintenance than maintaining a whole garden of real plants.
How to fill an outdoor planter with artificial flowers?
Here are some of the steps to follow:
- Insert plant stems directly into the ground
- To extend the color of your artificial outdoor plants, spray with Krylon UV protectant spray
- When styling with smaller grasses or florals, it is recommended to use 2 bushes for fullness
- To create a stunning outdoor arrangement, fill the planter half or quarter way with soil
- Create a ball with chicken wire and insert it into a planter for added security
- Insert floral bushes into the chicken wire, bend and fluff them
- Top arrangement off with soil for a natural look spray with Krylon protectant
There is a tip to be kept in mind. Adding soil will help weigh the florals and chicken wire down. You can also secure chicken wire to your container with zip ties if possible.
- Insert greenery stems into the soil. Fluff leaves and branches in and around the container
- Add main florals or bush bends and fluff the stems. You can always use the chicken wire secure method, as told previously.
If you want to be more creative or are worried that the soil might attract some worms and make the whole place dirty well, you can also use decorative stones or magnetic sand. Using these will give you pot a colorful and new look.
It is evident that flowers and artificial outdoor plants can do perfectly well and last for a longer time outdoors. The essential thing is to buy flowers & plants that are made to last the conditions outside. To know more, you may look over the web.